Organizational Leadership Network (OLN) Program
The OLN program invites nursing academic leaders with broad administrative responsibilities.
The AACN Organizational Leadership Network (OLN) is comprised of nursing academic leaders with broad administrative responsibilities, including associate deans and assistant deans. The OLN fosters professional growth and development, information sharing, communication, and discussion of key issues. Networking within these groups will be facilitated through programs, meetings, and electronic communications.
JW Marriott Washington, DC
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20004
The room block at the JW Marriott is sold out. An overflow block has been established at The Capital Hilton.
The Capital Hilton (approximately 14 min)
1001 16th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
- The room rate is $299 single/double.
- The cutoff date for reservations at the group rate is October 2, 2017.
- For reservations, call 800-774-1500 and request the group rate for AACN. You may also place your reservation online.
Reagan National Airport (DCA) is located approximately a 15-minute drive to/from the JW Marriott Washington, DC and is Metro accessible. The closest Metro station to the hotel is Metro Center on the Red and Orange/Blue lines, 2 blocks from the JW Marriott Washington, DC. Taxi fare from DCA is approximately $20.00 each way.
Dulles International Airport (IAD) is approximately a 35-minute drive to/from the hotel.
Taxi fare from IAD is approximately $75 each way.
Baltimore/Washington Airport (BWI) is approximately a 60-minute drive to/from the hotel. Taxi fare from BWI is approximately $94 each way.
Shuttles are available through Super Shuttle at www.supershuttle.com. Shuttle fares are: DCA (approximately $17 each way); IAD (approximately $32 each way); and BWI (approximately $40 each way).
Hotel parking is valet-only and is available at $59/day.
Above rates are subject to change.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing nursing education (CNE) hours will be awarded to those who attest to attendance at entire sessions and complete the electronic evaluation process after the meeting. The CNE certificate will be provided online only after completion of evaluation.
Dietary and Special Needs
If you have any dietary restrictions (e.g., vegetarian, kosher, or gluten-free) or special needs, please email us prior to the event at email@example.com.
Person-Centered Caring Partnerships: Navigating the Landscape of Leadership
Introduce and provide an overview of, The Theory of Bureaucratic Caring, with the goal of its application on Day 2 by nurse leader program participants to systems where they work.
Speaker: Col. Marcia A. Potter, USAF, NC, DNP, FNP-BC, Malcolm Grow Medical Clinic, Alexandria, VA
Networking Dinners (sign-up sheet onsite)
Registration Cont. and Continental Breakfast
Welcome and Membership Forum
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Navigating the Landscape of Leadership: Applying Caring Partnerships
Introduce the Day and Preside over:
1. Program Committee selected Leader Dyads who are participating in “Fireside Chats.” Fireside Chats will be focused on a number of well-recognized difficult areas currently faced by nurse leaders today, such as:
a. Building a team and maintaining a team,
b. Leadership in a climate of change,
c. How to navigate the landmines,
d. Maintaining energy and vitality, and
e. Quieting the value of the informal leader
2. Focused program participant interactive breakout sessions that apply the principles of the Theory of Bureaucratic Caring (these will be guided by questions around the well-recognized difficult areas faced by nurse leaders today [a-e above].
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
By September 28, 2017
After September 28, 2017
|OLN Network Members||$129||$149|
|Non-OLN Network Members||$149||$169|
For payment related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
If you subsequently cannot attend this event, the following options are available:
1. You may substitute your registration to another individual within your organization. This must be done by contacting the AACN Conference Department via email at email@example.com.
2. If a substitution is not possible, your cancellation request must be received in writing and confirmed by AACN; otherwise, it cannot be honored. The following refund arrangements will then apply:
- Cancellation requests received by October 13, 2017 will be refunded minus a $25 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellation requests received after October 13, 2017 will not be granted any refunds.
- Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
- No-show registrations with an open balance will be charged a $25 non-refundable administrative fee after the event.
Please note: Cancellations received fewer than 7 days prior to the conference start date will be reviewed and processed within two weeks after the last day of the conference.
AACN reserves the right to cancel this conference and any group activity that does not meet minimal group requirements. AACN assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rental, or other travel costs.
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20004