Designed for deans/directors/chairs and/or associate deans for research who offer research-focused doctoral nursing programs.
The PhD Pre-Conference is designed for deans/directors/chairs and/or associate deans for research who offer research-focused doctoral nursing programs. It is a continuation of the work developed at the 2013 PhD Summit; whereupon, issues raised but not resolved will be further explored.
This pre-conference immediately precedes the Doctoral Education Conference allowing educators to attend both events.
Post-Hurricane Irma Update:The hotel remains closed until December; however, is scheduled to re-open by the end of this year. AACN conferences will take place as scheduled. Please use the room block link below to make your reservation.
Naples Grande Beach Resort
475 Seagate Drive
Naples, FL 34103
- The room rates start at $279 single/double.
- The cutoff date for reservations at the group rate is December 26, 2017.
- For reservations, call 1-844-210-5931 and request the group rate for AACN/Doctoral Education Conference. You may also place your reservation online.
- The room block may fill before the deadline, so please make your reservation early. If/when the room block fills, AACN will post a list of alternative hotel on its website.
Southwest Florida International (RSW) is approximately a 35-minute drive to/from the hotel. Taxi fare is approximately $94.00 each way. For further ground transportation information, please visit the Naples Grande Beach Hotel Website at: www.naplesgrande.com/directions.
Hotel self-parking is available at $18.00 per night; valet parking is available at $28.00 per night.
Above rates are subject to change.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing nursing education (CNE) hours will be awarded to those who attest to attendance at entire sessions and complete the electronic evaluation process after the conference. The CNE certificate will be provided online only after completion of evaluation.
Dietary and Special Needs
If you have any dietary restrictions (e.g., vegetarian, kosher, or gluten-free) or special needs, please email us prior to the event at email@example.com.
The full agenda will be available soon. Please see brochure for the schedule-at-a-glance.
By December 19, 2017
After December 19, 2017
For payment related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
If you subsequently cannot attend this event, the following options are available:
1. You may substitute your registration to another individual within your organization. This must be done by contacting the AACN Conference Department via email at email@example.com.
2. If a substitution is not possible, your cancellation request must be received in writing and confirmed by AACN; otherwise, it cannot be honored. The following refund arrangements will then apply:
- Cancellation requests received by January 3, 2018 will be refunded minus a $75 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellation requests received after January 3, 2018 will not be granted any refunds.
- Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
- No-show registrations with an open balance will be charged a $75 non-refundable administrative fee after the event.
Please note: Cancellations received fewer than 7 days prior to the conference start date will be reviewed and processed within two weeks after the last day of the conference.
AACN reserves the right to cancel this conference and any group activity that does not meet minimal group requirements. AACN assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rental, or other travel costs.
The Naples Grande Beach Resort
475 Seagate Drive
Naples, FL 34103