Student Policy Summit
The Student Policy Summit is for baccalaureate and graduate students of AACN member schools only. Registration is only for applicants who have not previously attended the Student Policy Summit.
The AACN Student Policy Summit is a three-day conference held in Washington, DC and is open to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students enrolled at an AACN member institution. Students who attend Summit are immersed in didactic program sessions focused on the federal policy process and nursing’s role in professional advocacy. Please note: This page will be updated periodically closer to the date of the Summit. Confirmed registered students will also receive additional details about conference logistics, Capitol Hill visits, and expectations.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Given the high demand for registration and limited availability (200 slots):
- Students must have approval from an AACN member dean before registering. Deans will be notified at the time of registration.
- A two-student limit per AACN member school will be instituted for the 2018 registration process. This excludes any complimentary registrations granted through sponsorship.
- Registration is first-come, first-serve, and payment is due by credit card at the time of registration, and registrants must adhere to the cancellation policies.
- Only students who have not previously attended the Student Policy Summit may be registered.
- Registrants are discouraged from making hotel or travel arrangements until their registration has been confirmed.
By continuing with registration, you agree to adhere to these registration policies.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
If you subsequently cannot attend this event, the following options are available:
1. You may substitute your registration to another individual within your school. This must be done by contacting both the AACN Conference Department via email at email@example.com and Ellie Cook via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If a substitution is not possible, your cancellation request must be received in writing and confirmed by AACN; otherwise, it cannot be honored. The following refund arrangements will then apply:
- Cancellation requests received by December 29, 2017 will be refunded minus a $75 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellation requests received after December 29, 2017 will not be granted any refunds.
- Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
- No-show registrations with an open balance will be charged a $75 non-refundable administrative fee after the event.
Please note: Cancellations received fewer than 7 days prior to the conference start date will be reviewed and processed within two weeks after the last day of the conference.
AACN reserves the right to cancel this conference and any group activity that does not meet minimal group requirements. AACN assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rental, or other travel costs.
Please note this event will be photographed. Photos taken by AACN may be used in AACN publications, website, and/or social media.
Please see the latest draft of the 2018 Agenda. This website will be updated as changes are made to finalize the agenda.
Final payment for the Summit must be made at the time of registration. If your school is paying for your registration, please be prepared prior to registration.
The cost of registration attendance for the Student Policy Summit is $399.00 per student. Payment is due by credit card at the time of registration, and registrants must adhere to the cancellation policies. AACN will charge a $150 administrative fee for registrations up to two weeks prior to the event.
Last year, we had a number of students who had other people paying for their rooms (teachers, parents, etc). However, they were presenting their personal cards upon check in. In order to avoid this, please have anyone who is having their room paid by someone else fill out the credit card authorization form.
For payment related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Substitution, Cancellation, and Refund Policies
- Student substitutions for registration can be submitted with no charge until 5:00 pm (ET) Friday, March 2, 2018. Substitutions received after that time will be processed as a cancellation. Please submit cancellation and substitution requests to Ellie Cook at Ecook@aacnnursing.org.
- Cancellations before 5:00 pm (ET) Friday, January 26, 2018, will receive a full refund, minus a $25 handling fee, with a written cancellation submission
- Cancellations made between 5:00 pm (ET) Friday, January 26, 2018, and 5:00 pm (ET) Friday, February 23, 2018, can expect to be refunded 50% of the registration fee, minus a $25 handling fee, with a written cancellation submission.
- Cancellations after 5:00 pm (ET) Friday, February 23, 2018 will receive no refund.
Park Hyatt Washington
1201 24th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037