Full Professor, Associate Dean for Research
The UIC, College of Nursing is searching for a Full Professor as the Associate Dean for Research. This is a full-time, permanent, academic year, tenured position combined with an Associate Dean for Research Administrative appointment.
The University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing is among the top ranked nursing colleges in the country in research and academic programs, and is dedicated to a rich, innovative, and diverse collaborative culture to advance global nursing leadership. With its main campus located in the heart of Chicago—a vibrant, technically wide-ranging, metropolitan area—UIC College of Nursing is a highly competitive, research intensive institution. Our faculty educates highly competent nurse leaders in research, academic scholarship, clinical practice, and healthcare administration with campuses in Chicago, Urbana-Champaign, Springfield, Rockford, Peoria, and Quad Cities. We invite applications for a tenured position in one of our departments: Biobehavioral Health Science, Women, Children, and Family Health Science and Health System Science.
Associate Dean for Research
The successful candidate is expected to create a highly supportive environment for research productivity across faculty and pre- and post-doctoral scholars and manage the resources of the Office of Research Facilitation (ORF). S/he will mentor faculty and student colleagues with respect to their research career scholarship, make outcomes visible, and collaborate with the administrative team, particularly Department Heads to manage and grow resources. He/She will oversee staff in ORF and be responsible for overall grant submission, development of the College's research portfolio and obtaining and maintaining outcome data regarding the College's research productivity.This is a part-time administrative position to be combined with faculty scholarship for late mid to senior faculty rank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the expansion of innovative nursing research and research training across the College.
- Facilitate the attainment of extramural research funding.
- Seek and advocate for resource allocation to and manage the resources of the ORF.
- Collaborate in and initiate the recruitment of research-intensive faculty.
- Conduct ORF staff recruitment, screening, appointment, orientation, evaluation, promotion and other aspects of career development as needed.
- Generate and maintain outcome data on overall faculty research productivity.
University and Campus
- Act as liaison to and facilitator for inter-institutional and inter-disciplinary research and research training initiatives.
- Interface with the Campus us Office of Vice-Chancellor for Research
- Develop and create visibility for college-aligned research and research training across constituents.
- Broker partnerships with community leaders and agencies for synergistic research initiatives.
Candidates must possess a PhD degree and be eligible to be appointed at the rank of tenured full Professor. Extensive experience and recognized program of extramurally funded and published research required. Administrative leadership experience in academia favored.
Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing.
Please submit an electronic application, including a letter of intent and curriculum vitae.
For fullest consideration, please apply by September 15, 2017. Job will remain posted until position is filled.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.