The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) School of Nursing is seeking outstanding nurse scientists for 12-month, tenure-track faculty positions. Experienced academicians with a record of major funded research may also apply for the Bower Foundation Endowed Chair in Nursing.
- Earned PhD in nursing or a related field
- Eligible for graduate faculty appointment
- Teaching experience in a nursing program at an institution of higher learning
- Evidence of recent or current major federal or foundation funding for position as Bower Chair
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintaining an active program of research
- Mentoring junior faculty, PhD and DNP students including serving on dissertation committees
- Teaching primarily in area of expertise
Located at the state’s only academic health sciences center in Jackson, Mississippi, UMMC’s nationally ranked School of Nursing is the state’s flagship nursing school. The mission is to develop nurse leaders and improve health within and beyond Mississippi through excellence in education, research, practice and service.
Interested candidates may send a CV and letter of inquiry to Dr. Kim W. Hoover, Dean and Professor (email@example.com). View more information.
UMMC is an EO/AA/Vet/D Employer