Clinical Educator/ Assistant Professor in Nursing
The Department of Nursing seeks applications for a Clinical Educator/Assistant Professor (full-time F0276) for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia to begin August 2023. The mission of Longwood’s BSN program is to promote excellence in nursing education and clinical competency; to promote the development of citizen leaders in the nursing profession; to promote partnerships to enhance health care and health care education in the region; to be one component of the solution to the nursing shortage; and to improve the health of local communities.
The successful candidate will instruct and evaluate BSN students in classroom, lab, and clinical site placement settings. Responsibilities will additionally include establishing and maintaining relationships with clinical sites and clinical preceptors, and providing oversight of clinical preceptors. The successful candidate also will represent the Longwood BSN program within the University, the larger community, and the professional community.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Terminal degree if seeking the tenure-track Assistant Professor position
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse with privileges in Virginia or eligible for such licensure
- Strong background and clinically competent in adult medical surgical (“med surg”)
- Experience in mental health/community health and/or obstetrics/pediatrics is acceptable
This is a full-time, instructional faculty position with responsibilities each fall and spring semester. Salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience. A successful criminal background investigation is required. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Commonwealth of Virginia benefits accompany this position to include:
- State health and dental benefits & flexible spending accounts
- Paid leave (which may include sick leave, personal leave, annual leave, etc.), and 13 holidays
- Retirement savings plans (some with limited employer match available (VRS))
- Life & Long-Term care insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts for various services, including Verizon.
- Educational benefits for most employees
- Fitness Center membership less expensive than most
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Longwood University will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodations to applicants in need of accommodations in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. You are not required to note the presence of a disability on your application. If, however, you require accommodations in the application and/or interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 434-395-2074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per CFR: Title 34, the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information can be located through this link http://www.longwood.edu/titleix/.
A diversified workforce is an important part of our strategic plan. EOE/AA
- Posted On
- Job Type
- Longwood University
- Job Location
- Farmville, VA
Our system is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Your member services will be available again shortly. Please check back soon.