Lecturer - Nursing
Rider University invites applications for nursing faculty in the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner concentration in the MSN, and Post-master’s nurse practitioner programs. The Nursing Program is under the College of Education and Human Services. The graduate nursing programs offer concentrations in family, adult-gerontology primary care, and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. Courses are online and asynchronous with some residencies for skills development. The position will be at the rank of Lecturer to begin on September 1, 2023. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will provide their expertise in curriculum development and evaluation of the nursing programs. Responsibilities will include teaching in the BSN and graduate programs, advising and mentoring of students, supervision of students in clinical practice, and collaboration with faculty and stakeholders in setting the direction of the nursing programs. The candidate is expected to participate in on-campus activities and meetings as needed. The successful candidate will be responsible for 24 teaching hours per academic year during the 10-month appointment. The candidate is expected to provide service to the program and will attend department, university, and other committee meetings as determined by the Department Chair and the Dean.
- A doctoral degree in nursing or related field (candidates completing their doctoral studies within six months of the application will be considered)
- National certification as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) or clinical nurse specialist (PMH-CNS)
- Licensed to practice as a PMHNP or PMH-CNS in New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania
- Three years’ experience practicing as a PMHNP or PMH-CNS
- Two years’ experience teaching in didactic and clinical settings
- Exemplary professional communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment supportive of the community’s multicultural needs
- Experience teaching in nurse practitioner programs
- Experience in course building/development
- Dual NP certification (family or adult-gerontology primary care)
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff, and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. The student body is composed of over 4000 students at the undergraduate and graduate level; these students come to Rider University from all over the world. Rider University is located in the diverse state of New Jersey, within close proximity to the New York, Trenton, and Philadelphia metropolitan areas. Rider University is also located within close proximity to many state parks, shore communities, and mountain regions.
All applicants must apply for position no. 316023 online at https://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/8693
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
- Posted On
- Job Type
- Rider University
- Job Location
- Lawrenceville, NJ
Our system is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Your member services will be available again shortly. Please check back soon.