Nursing Faculty, Accelerated BSN Director
Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University invites applications for a faculty position in the undergraduate program, which includes management and oversight of the accelerated BSN track. The ABSN Director provides leadership and coordination, including hiring faculty to teach in the ABSN track. In conjunction with the Associate Dean, the ABSN Director is responsible for assuring the quality of instruction and ongoing development and success of the program. In addition to teaching, faculty have responsibilities associated with research, scholarship, and service. The ABSN Director reports to the Associate Dean for the Undergraduate Program.
Rank and salary are commensurate with professional qualifications and experience. This is a non-tenure track full-time (12-month) faculty position. The candidate must have expertise and prior employment experience as a full-time faculty member at the university level.
- A PhD in nursing from an accredited college/university; other doctoral degrees may be considered
- Unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Georgia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Philosophy commensurate with Mercer University’s mission and values
- A minimum of 3 years of academic administrative experience or experience in a managerial role in nursing education
- More than 5 years of full-time undergraduate teaching experience
- Evidence of scholarly productivity in the area of expertise
- Experience with CCNE accreditation standards
Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
- Posted On
- Job Type
- Mercer University
- Job Location
- Atlanta, GA
Our system is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Your member services will be available again shortly. Please check back soon.