Leadership for Academic Nursing Program (LANP)
- Individuals in mid to upper-level faculty positions who have experience in academic administration roles and who aspire to lead the nursing academic unit.
- Individuals serving as chief academic administrators of nursing schools offering baccalaureate or graduate degrees who are new to the role (e.g., within three years).
LANP is designed for those who have experience in academic administration and who aspire to more senior administrative or executive positions within the nursing academic unit. It is not intended to prepare junior faculty for positions of higher responsibility. The year-long program provides participants with a focused assessment experience, a range of content and exercises related to successful executive leadership, and the opportunity to establish a peer network that fosters long-term partnerships and shares growth and development.
Application Deadline: Closed March 9, 2018
Arrival: Participants should plan to arrive for an opening session on Sunday evening.
Departure: Participants should plan for afternoon departure from the conference center.
Seminar topics include the following:
Introduction of the Key Vision and Framework for a Strategic Intervention on Leadership:
- Theories of leadership
- Relating theory to strategic actions
- Evidence for validation
- Value of a full range assessment and intervention
- Review and evaluation of the strategic assessment
From the Broad to the Specific:
- Strategic assessment of the individual – possibilities for growth and change
- Peer learning and feedback mechanisms
- Case studies for change
- Creating personal models for strategic growth and change
Targeted Cultural Change:
- Linking the individual’s assessment to the organizational culture
- Developing plans for intervention
- Establishing long-term networks
- Change and conflict
- Evaluation and redesign 3
Registration FeesFellowship Cost: $3,295
The registration fee of $3,295 includes four nights lodging (private room and bath), all meals during the conference, morning and afternoon breaks, and all conference services and materials, including assessment instruments.
For those who require additional nights will be arranged on an individual basis at the expense of the individual. Substitution of hotels by fellows is not permitted. Participants are responsible for their own transportation. Further information about the conference and location will be sent to selected fellows, and payment will be due shortly after selection.
Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center
1 Oakridge Drive
Chaska, MN 55318
Our system is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Your member services will be available again shortly. Please check back soon.