The AACN Nominating Committee
is seeking nominations for the following positions on the Board of Directors and Nominating Committee.
- Board member-at-large (3 vacancies)
- Nominating Committee (2 vacancies)
The Nominating Committee meets several times via conference call to review submissions and develop the slate of candidates. The following criteria are used when making selections for the slate:
- Consideration of the candidates previous service to the association
- Need for representation of geographical regions and institutional sizes and missions
- Need for representation of membership diversity
- Conflict of interest
- Need for two candidates for each position vacancy
Nomination Packet Due Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 3:00 pm (ET)
Nomination Packet Materials: The complete nomination packet consists of the signed Nomination form (self-nominations accepted), Consent to Serve Statement, Biographical Data Form, Personal Statement, and Curriculum Vitae. The packet should be submitted as one Word document and sent via e-mail to Jennifer Ahearn at email@example.com.
Download All Forms
Term of Office: March 26, 2018 to March 23, 2020
Eligibility for Elected Office: Candidates must be the Chief Academic Nurse Administrator (Dean) of an AACN member institution.
Time Commitment: Additional information about the time requirements for each position can be found online.
Slate Announcement: The slate of candidates will be announced during the Business Meeting at the AACN Fall Semiannual Meeting on October 30, 2017.