In evaluating whether or not an individual meets the criteria for individual membership the Board of Directors will give primary consideration to the contributions of the individual toward furthering the goals of AACN.
Significant emphasis on:
- Service on the AACN Board of Directors, committees, or task forces
- Regular attendance, participation, and presentations at AACN meetings
Other criteria for consideration:
- Contributions to AACN publications, such as the Journal of Professional Nursing
- Involvement in and recognition for promoting nursing education, research, and professional development at national, state, and local levels
- Mentoring and leadership qualities
The nominator is responsible for securing and submitting the following information:
- Letter of nomination that outlines how the nominee meets some/all of the criteria;
- At least two letters supporting the nomination from full institutional members of AACN;
- If nominated for emeritus membership, written confirmation of emeritus status from the nominee’s former employer institution; and
- A current curriculum vitae with nominee’s home address
Please send all nomination materials to Beth Aronson, Director of Membership and Business Development, at email@example.com.
The Board of Directors reviews and votes on all nominations for which it has received the complete nomination packet. The Board Chair notifies the nominator and persons who wrote the support letters of the Board decision.
For more information about the individual membership criteria and nomination procedure, please call the AACN membership department at (202) 463-6930.