The Foundation for Academic Nursing, the philanthropic arm of AACN, is pleased to announce a second round of funding for the AACN Faculty Scholars Grant Program. The program is aimed at highlighting the innovative work being led by nurse educators to redesign teaching and learning at AACN member schools.
The current application cycle is closed.
A total of $50,000 in funding will be distributed to support two $25,000 faculty scholarship projects through 2022. Two awards were previously awarded in the 2020-2021 academic year. The focus of these scholarly activities should reflect current issues in nursing education or practice and support of AACN’s strategic priorities. See details below.
2021-2022 Academic Year Themes:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Achieving health equity and promoting a culture of health
- Recruitment and retention of nurse faculty and students of color
- Impact of nursing workforce diversity on patient outcomes
- System facilitators and barriers to preparing a diverse nursing workforce
Innovation and Excellence in Academic Nursing:
- Execution of competency-based nursing education
- Competency assessment in competency-based education
- Developing leadership capacity in nursing faculty and students
- Innovative clinical experiences across the four spheres of care as outlined in the new Essentials
Faculty receiving funding must provide 6- and 12-month progress reports and share data findings and additional content with the academic nursing community through AACN’s website, Syllabus newsletter, and social media. Scholars will be expected to present at an AACN conference and submit a manuscript for publication to the Journal of Professional Nursing.
Application Criteria & Process
All faculty at AACN member schools are eligible to apply. Applications must include the following:
- Project abstract
- Contact information for Primary Project Manager and team members
- Biographical sketch supporting expertise in project focus
- Dean letter of support
- Budget template*
*Indirect costs are allowed but should not exceed 20% and should be included at the discretion of the applicant(s) and the school of nursing.
In preparation for your application, please review the full Call for Applications and a copy of the application.
Download Call for Application
Timeline for 2021
- May 7, 2021 - Application opens
- August 6, 2021 - Application closes
- Early October 2021 - Recipients notified and awarded
Review & Selection Process
The AACN Faculty Scholars Grant Program applications will be reviewed and selected by a review committee appointed by the AACN Board of Directors.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance in September. At that time, the Primary Project Manager will receive notification, necessary documentation, and reporting information.
View current grantees.
Marta Okoniewski, MPA
Director of Student Engagement