The Foundation for Academic Nursing, the philanthropic arm of AACN, is pleased to announce the 2022 Call for Applications for the AACN Faculty Scholars Grant Program.
The 2022 call for applications is now live!
A total of $50,000 in funding will be distributed to support two $25,000 faculty scholarship projects through 2023.
The focus of these scholarly activities should reflect current issues in nursing education or practice and support of AACN’s strategic priorities. See details below.
To view a detailed Call for Application, click here.
2022-2023 Academic Year Themes: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Innovation and Excellence in Academic Nursing
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Achieving health equity and promoting a culture of health
- Recruitment and retention of nurse faculty and students of color
- Impact of nursing workforce diversity on patient outcomes
- System facilitators and barriers to preparing a diverse nursing workforce
Innovation and Excellence in Academic Nursing
- Execution of competency-based nursing education
- Competency assessment in competency-based education
- Developing leadership capacity in nursing faculty and students
- Innovative clinical experiences across the four spheres of care
Faculty receiving funding must provide 6- and 12-month progress reports and share data findings and additional content with the academic nursing community through AACN’s website, Syllabus newsletter, and social media. Scholars will be expected to present at an AACN conference and submit a manuscript for publication to the Journal of Professional Nursing.
Application Criteria & Process
All faculty at AACN member schools are eligible to apply. Applications must include the following:
- Project abstract
- Contact information for Primary Project Manager and team members
- Biographical sketch supporting expertise in project focus
- Dean letter of support
- Budget template
In preparation for your application, please review the full Call for Applications.
Timeline for 2022
- May 6, 2022 - Application opens
- August 5, 2022 - Application closes
- End of October 2022 - Recipients notified, awarded, and announced
Review & Selection Process
The AACN Faculty Scholars Grant Program applications will be reviewed and selected by a review committee appointed by the AACN Board of Directors.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance in September. At that time, the Primary Project Manager will receive notification, necessary documentation, and reporting information.
View previous grantees.
Katie Fioravanti, PhD, MSN