The Accounting and Operations Manager is responsible for providing high-level support to the Director of Finance and Administration, and high-level operations support to the Chief Operating Officer. This role requires strong analytical, technology, communication and organizational skills.
- Supervises accounts receivable/accounts payable; serve as backup, when needed.
- Maintains and reconciles fixed assets schedules.
- Assists with budget preparation and external audit.
- Monitors grant/contracts reporting and deadlines.
- Prepares and/or reviews appropriate ledger entries/reconciliations.
- Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Conducts research on financial benchmarks as requested and assists in developing financial dashboards.
- Provides high level support on special projects as identified for the Chief Operating Officer in variety of program and operations related areas, including special projects related to association governance initiatives and committees.
- Responsible for association contracts and maintains contracts in centralized location. Monitors contract deadlines and provides review and reconciliation of royalty payments.
- Responsible for association insurance policies, reviews and ensures adequate coverages and participates in annual insurance audit.
- Responsible for organization dashboards including making recommendations for new dashboards and keeping dashboard data updated and current.
- Serves as point of contact for records requests and maintains and organizes records as requested.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management, and a professional certification such as certified public accountant (CPA) is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a similar role, preferably in non-profit organization.
- Must possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics CL (Solomon), as well as financial and accounting applications, and final and operation controls.
- Additional qualifications include strong problem-solving and self-starter skills, time management and attention to detail, customer service orientation, and ability to be trusted with confidential information.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
655 K Street, Suite 750
Washington, DC, 20001
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org