The Foundation Director will lead the fundraising and development efforts for AACN’s foundation initiative and other fundraising efforts for the Association. This role is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing AACN’s fundraising portfolio. In consultation with the Foundation Advisory Group and President/CEO, the Director will create and implement the foundation’s strategic and development plans, determine fundraising strategy, oversee all communications and website presence related to the foundation, and implement and facilitate annual fundraising goals. In addition, the Director will oversee activities related to funds raised such as the faculty research grant program and scholarships.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes the Foundation’s annual fundraising plan.
- Secures financial support from foundations, corporations, individuals and others.
- Meets prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them. Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Develops and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Oversees grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements. Develops and writes grant proposals for major initiatives and assists with other proposals.
- Directs the annual fundraising program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Creates marketing materials, and social media and advertising campaigns as part of a public relations strategy. Responsible for branding.
- Produces and oversees fundraising materials, including thank you letters and appeals.
- Coordinates fundraising special events.
- Supports Foundation Advisory Group including meetings and communications.
- Responsible for other fundraising initiatives for the association including event sponsorships.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree. Nursing/health care and/or higher education background a plus. Requires at least 5 years of prior experience in professional fundraising and development, preferably at an association.
- Must have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Must be highly organized, strong attention to detail, flexible and collaborative, and superior interpersonal skills. Excellent ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Additional qualifications include time management, problem solving skills, and project management, with ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Occasional travel is required for this position.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to:
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
655 K Street NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC, 20001