The American Association of Colleges of Nursing seeks a Government Affairs and Policy Assistant to provide high level administrative support to the department for a variety of policy activities.
- Drafting correspondence, scheduling and creating meeting agendas and reports; arranging conference calls; taking minutes, assisting with events and high-profile meetings.
- Assists in drafting AACN action alerts, articles, and other written items as assigned. Assists in preparing advocacy materials, including, but not limited to, appropriations charts and fact sheets.
- Manages and oversees the collection of data such as dashboards, brochures, other one-pagers, and disseminates appropriate periodic reports. Manages electronic database and assists with social media accounts.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Qualified applicants will have a bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of experience in similar position; nonprofit background is preferred.
- Candidates must be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible and collaborative, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Strong customer service focus.
- Additional qualifications include strong problem-solving and self-starter skills, time management and ability to be trusted with confidential information.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
655 K Street, Suite 750
Washington, DC, 20001
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org