The American Association of Colleges of Nursing seeks a Government Affairs and Policy Manager to provide high-level management and support to the government affairs and policy team for a variety of association and department activities.
- Monitors the Federal Register, provides regulatory analysis for the association and tracks and analyzes legislation. Reviews information for updates of interest to the department’s federal policy agenda or current initiatives.
- Drafts and edits responses to association and supported legislation and policy, including letters to the Hill and the Administration, testimony, nomination process and letters, one-pagers, etc.
- Contributes to the government affairs and policy newsletter, various social media accounts, and assists on any other coalition activities including drafting written material. Assists in developing action alert content and messaging.
- Develops complex reports and critical analysis of legislation, rules, and regulations pertaining to health policy and higher education issues; manages and assists with the design and content of policy briefs /fact sheets, including state sheets.
- Attends high-level meetings and provides written and/or verbal summaries as these activities are completed.
- Assists on any coalition, committee, consortium, or meeting activity as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Qualified applicants will have a bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Experience on Capitol Hill, in an association, or in another policy capacity is preferred.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible and collaborative, able to work at a fast pace, perform well under pressure and have good interpersonal skills. Strong customer service focus.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Understanding of Canva and InDesign a plus.
- Additional qualifications include strong problem-solving and self-starter skills, time management and ability to be trusted with confidential information.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
655 K Street, Suite 750
Washington, DC, 20001
or email to email@example.com