Your health and safety are our top concern. CNC is actively monitoring the evolving situation to evaluate and communicate potential impacts on CNL students, faculty, exam candidates, practicing CNLs and constituents.
CNC staff will continue to update this page regularly as the situation evolves.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Updated July 7, 2022
CNL Certification Exams
- At this time, the CNL Certification Exam Administrations will continue as scheduled.
NOTE: CNC will make appropriate changes to the exam administration schedule as needed.
- Registration for the Fall 2022, Winter 2023, and Spring 2023 testing cycles is open.
- All candidates will take the exam at Prometric SMT Testing Centers.
Prometric no longer requires candidates or test center personnel to wear masks unless required to do so by building management or local government mandates. Prometric will continue to allow and encourage the wearing of masks regardless of mandate or vaccination status. NOTE: Please visit Prometric’s Coronavirus Update webpage for information about open testing centers, permissible personal care items, as well as test center cleaning procedures and closures.
- Candidates can continue to apply for the CNL Certification Exam.
- If your CNL Certification expires on December 31, 2022, log into your MyCNC Profile to submit your renewal application and payment. The renewal deadline ends on December 31st.
- NOTE: CNLs due to expire on December 31, 2022 have no limit on the number of CEUs earned by participating in online sessions, conferences and webinars. There’s also no limit on the number of article CEUs earned.
Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Directory of Local State Health Departments
Travel Advisories by the US Department of State
Global Map of COVID-19 Cases
CNC Statement on CNL Program Clinical Hours
AACN’s Coronavirus Resources for Nurse Educators