Your health and safety are our top concern. CNC is actively monitoring the evolving situation to evaluate and communicate potential impacts on CNL students, faculty, exam candidates, practicing CNLs and constituents.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) assesses the health risk from COVID-19 for the general public.
CNC staff will continue to update this page regularly as the situation evolves.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: (Updated March 31, 2020)
CNL Certification Exams
- At this time, the CNL Certification Exam Administrations will continue as scheduled. NOTE: CNC will make appropriate changes to the exam administration schedule as needed.
- The Spring CNL Exam testing period will now begin on April 27th and has been extended until June 30, 2020.
- The Summer testing period will continue as scheduled, July 13 – August 7, 2020.
- All Spring and Summer candidates will register to take the exam at a Prometric SMT Testing Center only. Due to the updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Prometric SMT testing centers will be closed beginning March 18 through April 15, 2020. Testing centers are anticipated to re-open on April 16th. This change currently does not impact the Spring administration of the exam. NOTE: Please visit Prometric’s Coronavirus Update webpage for information about permissible personal care items, as well as test center cleaning procedures and closures.
- For Spring candidates only: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, if you already registered to take the exam at a school of nursing, your registration will be automatically switched to a testing center with the exam change fee waived. CNC will review all new and pre-registered spring applications then send an email to spring applicants who will have the option to take the exam at a testing center or remotely in the coming weeks.
- Candidates can continue to apply for the CNL Certification Exam.
- If your CNL Certification expired on December 31, 2019, log into your MyCNC Profile to submit your renewal application and payment. The late registration deadline ends on June 30, 2020.
CNL Certificates and Merchandise
- At this time, CNL Certification certificates will be provided in electronic format.
- Sales of CNL Merchandise via the CNC Portal’s Online Store that must be sent via mail are currently suspended.
- However, individuals can purchase CNL Merchandise through CNC’s Scrubin Uniform and Apparel Store. The website and login instructions will be sent to CNC constituents via email.
- CNC staff are now working remotely. Staff can be reached Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm ET via email at CNL@aacnnursing.org and phone 202-370-3608. Once CNC’s office returns to normal operations, staff will mail all certification certificates and packets.
Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Directory of Local State Health Departments
Travel Advisories by the US Department of State
Global Map of COVID-19 Cases
AACN’s Coronavirus Resources for Nurse Educators