Your health and safety are our top concern. CNC is actively monitoring the evolving situation to evaluate and communicate potential impacts on CNL students, faculty, exam candidates, practicing CNLs and constituents.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) assesses the health risk from COVID-19 for the general public.
CNC staff will continue to update this page regularly as the situation evolves.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Updated June 10, 2021
CNL Certification Exams
- At this time, the CNL Certification Exam Administrations will continue as scheduled.
NOTE: CNC will make appropriate changes to the exam administration schedule as needed.
- Registration is open for the Summer 2021 testing cycle.
- Registration for the Fall 2021, Winter 2022, and Spring 2022 will open on July 1st.
- All candidates will take the exam at Prometric SMT Testing Centers. Due to the updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Prometric SMT testing centers are open at limited occupancy. NOTE: Please visit Prometric’s Coronavirus Update webpage for information about open testing centers, permissible personal care items, as well as test center cleaning procedures and closures.
- Candidates can continue to apply for the CNL Certification Exam.
- If your CNL Certification expired on December 31, 2020, log into your MyCNC Profile to submit your late renewal application and payment. The late registration deadline ends on June 30. If your CNL Certification expires on December 31, 2021, the online renewal application will open on July 1.
- NOTE: CNLs due to expire on December 31, 2020 and December 31, 2021 have no limit on the number of CEUs earned by participating in online sessions, conferences and webinars. There’s also no limit on the number of article CEUs earned.
CNL Certificates and Merchandise
- At this time, CNL Certification certificates will be provided in electronic format.
- Sales of CNL Merchandise via the CNC Portal’s Online Store that must be sent via mail are currently suspended.
- However, individuals can purchase CNL Merchandise through CNC’s Scrubin Uniform and Apparel Store. The website and login instructions will be sent to CNC constituents via email.
- CNC staff continue to work remotely. Staff can be reached Monday - Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm ET via email at CNL@aacnnursing.org and phone 202-370-3608. Once CNC’s office returns to normal operations, staff will mail all certification certificates and packets.
Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Directory of Local State Health Departments
Travel Advisories by the US Department of State
Global Map of COVID-19 Cases
CNC Statement on CNL Program Clinical Hours
AACN’s Coronavirus Resources for Nurse Educators