For CNL Students, CNL Graduates and CNL Faculty
The Clinical Nurse LeaderSM Practice Exam is available for CNL students, graduates and faculty. This new exam prep tool was developed by a group of certified Clinical Nurse Leaders in practice and academia along with Gray Matter Publishing, Inc./TestRun.
The CNL® Practice Exam allows you to:
- Take as many different practice tests as you’d like.
- Customize your user experience by taking the full practice exam or taking a short 10 question quiz.
- Review visual performance analytics and progress reports that will aid you in identifying your areas of strengths and weaknesses.
This tool should only be used to gauge your familiarity with the CNL® Exam Content Outline.
1-month subscription $59.00
3-month subscription $79.00
NOTE: CNL Program Directors receive a 15% discount for registering a minimum of seven students at the 3-month subscription rate. You will be able to access and review performance analytic and progress reports as well.
There is no limit on subscriptions renewals. Renewed subscriptions receive a 10% fee discount.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why should I purchase this tool?
The CNL Practice Exam is just one of many resources available to help you prepare for the Clinical Nurse Leader Certification Examination and should not be the only means of preparation for the CNL Exam. View a list of Exam Prep Resources.
- Hundreds of questions custom designed by certified CNLs in practice and education.
- Realistic exam questions from each of the relevant exam domain, based on the CNL Exam Content Outline.
- Detailed, personalized reports to help you analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
2. How much does this cost?
You can select a 1 month or 3-month subscription:
- 1-month subscription - $59
- 3-month subscription - $79
NOTE: CNL Program Directors receive a 15% discount for registering a minimum of seven students at the 3-month subscription rate.
You will be able to access and review performance analytic and progress reports as well.
3. Can I share my login information and/or practice test questions with others?
4. Can I renew my subscription and if so, how much does it cost?
Yes, you can renew your subscription as often as you’d like. Those who renew will receive a 10% discount on the subscription fee.
5. I registered and paid the subscription fee but haven’t received an email to login.
Please be sure to check your email’s spam or junk folder. If you still haven’t received the email, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How was the CNL Practice Exam Tool created?
The tool was created by a group of certified Clinical Nurse Leaders in practice and academia in conjunction with our partner, Gray Matter Publishing, Inc./Test Run. The CNL Practice Exam features questions that will help you identify your strengths as well as areas where you may want to devote additional study time.
Disclaimer: CNC's CNL® Practice Exam tool does not guarantee a passing score on the Clinical Nurse LeaderSM CNL® Certification Examination. The CNL Certification Program is governed by the Commission on Nurse Certification (CNC), the autonomous certifying arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. The CNC Board of Commissioners and CNC staff are not involved in the development of any preparatory resource, and no preparatory resource is endorsed by the CNC nor is a prerequisite to earn the CNL certification. The CNC board and staff are solely responsible for the policies and administration of the CNL Certification Program. Learn more about CNL certification.