Assistant Dean, School of Nursing
The Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Strategic Operations plays a key role in support of student success and strategic operations within the School of Nursing (SON) to promote excellence in academic nursing programs. The Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Strategic Operations is responsible for administrative and supervisory functions as assigned by the Dean including oversight of academic and student service activities within the School of Nursing, processing of student grievances and student discipline issues, admission, progression, graduation, and alumni activities. The Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Strategic Operations is a member of the faculty with responsibility for teaching scholarship and service.
- Provide oversight for all aspects of the SON's academic mission providing creative leadership that promotes growth, quality, and innovation in all aspects of academic program student services and outcomes.
- Coordinate with the Associate Dean to facilitate academic affairs, faculty and program development and evaluation within the School of Nursing.
- Collaborate with Dean and Associate Dean in the administration and oversight of all matters related to student services and strategic operations within the School of Nursing including Master Evaluation and Strategic Plan, report development for external and internal entities required for nursing program accreditation and evaluation, SON and KDHS initiatives pertinent to student success.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills to serve as a liaison to internal and external entities that further the SON's partnerships, student internships and related opportunities, and affiliations with clinical sites.
- Coordinate with the Dean to promote cooperative and collaborative relationships across the DHS, university, region and state to support research and other scholarship opportunities for students.
- Promote student services and satisfaction with admission, progression, graduation, and alumni activities.
- Coordinate with Associate Directors and Program Coordinators to assure student issues are addressed and reconciled in accordance with ISU, KDHS, and SON policies.
- Coordinate with the Associate Director of the Undergraduate and Graduate programs and staff to assure quality of student services, documentation and record keeping critical to strategic operations.
- Participate in budgetary decision making in conjunction with the Dean and Associate Dean.
- Assist with development and maintenance of policies to support student services in the School of Nursing.
Doctoral degree in nursing or related field with a minimum of two years of administrative experience. Demonstrated ability to provide educational administration at baccalaureate, graduate and doctoral levels. Ability to supervise student services and coordinate activities pertinent to student success in addition to day to day operations. Demonstrated ability to manage strategic operations in support of the mission and vision of the SON and as a unit within the KDHS and ISU. Experience with managing budgets and resources necessary for quality student services support as well as strategic operations and initiatives.
- Doctoral degree in Nursing.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Curriculum Vitae, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
The position will remain open until filled. The approved salary is $90,000 - $105,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.