Assistant/Associate/Professor of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Nursing to begin August 2017. We seek a colleague whose interests complement and enhance our existing activities, who is a gifted and dedicated nurse educator, and whose research interests will provide opportunities for robust scientific experiences for undergraduates. This is a grant supported position to assist in implementing a HRSA Nursing Workforce Diversity project as the co-project director/faculty project leader.
- PhD in Nursing or related field (ABDs with appropriate assurances of completion date may be considered) and hold an earned Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Texas or be eligible for licensure in Texas.
- Evidence of experience in program development and evaluation, curriculum design, and teaching in an undergraduate baccalaureate nursing program.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and advising of undergraduate students consistent with the Department’s Mission, Values, and Program Outcomes.
- Evidence of clinical expertise in one or more specialty areas of nursing with minimum of five years of clinical experience.
- Ability to work collegially with other faculty members and staff in the department and across campus.
- Commitment to university/community service, outreach, and continued professional development.
- Commitment to attracting and retaining students from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University.
Salary is competitive, with excellent benefits. Texas Lutheran University is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA’s 26 colleges and universities value and practice academic freedom while preparing women and men for lives of leadership and service in a diverse world.
See more information about the TLU Nursing Program. For the full job announcement and submission instructions, consult our website.
Texas Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.
Posted August 2017