AACN is currently seeking abstracts for virtual poster or podium presentations for the 2021 Diversity Symposium, which reflect the theme Strategize & Mobilize: Implementing DEI in Academic Nursing.
The objectives for this Symposium are to:
- Explore approaches to engage stakeholders in advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
- Mobilize the power of nursing in leadership, teaching, scholarship, research, and service to advance DEI and health equity.
- Disseminate innovative evidence-based approaches to ignite and sustain transformational change for inclusive excellence.
We welcome abstracts that address discovery, integration, application, and teaching that relate to one of the following six focus areas:
1. Integrating social determinants of health to achieve health equity in nursing education
2. Inclusivity and equity in curriculum review and assessment
3. Creating a culture of safety
- The intersectionality of social status in the sense of belonging, comfort, and creating anti-racism
- Having courageous conversations on racism and microaggression for impact
4. Social determinants of education to meet the diverse learning needs of students.
- The well-being of students and faculty
5. Social justice in the context of the Code of Ethics for Nurses
6. Cultural Intelligence: From the C-Suite to the classroom
- Developing intercultural awareness and cultural humility of faculty, staff, or administrators
To be considered for a poster or podium presentation, submit your proposal by September 7, 2021, by 5:00 pm (EST).
The proposal should consist of a 250-word abstract (summary) and title, along with author names and contact information.
Please Note: All accepted abstract presenters must register for the Diversity Symposium and are responsible for paying the registration fee.