Offered by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA, and in conjunction with AACN, this four-day program is taught by Wharton faculty, who present relevant and timely content designed to advance chief academic administrators to a higher level of leadership. The all-inclusive fee covers tuition, lodging, and meal expenses.
The curriculum for the AACN-Wharton program is designed to provide the concepts and tools needed to enhance leadership capacity and hone the skills that are essential to thrive and move forward strategically. The content addresses issues around managing and leading change, influencing and galvanizing a diverse set of stakeholders, and building enterprising relationships in highly volatile environments. Participants leave the program equipped with an advanced set of negotiation, leadership, and influencing skills, as well as the confidence and ability to serve on or lead high-powered boards.
- Provide the concepts and tools needed to enhance leadership capacity and hone the skills that are essential to move forward strategically as an academic leader.
- Address issues around managing and leading change, influencing and galvanizing a diverse set of stakeholders, developing value innovation, and building strategic relationships in highly volatile environments.
- Equip participants with an advanced set of negotiation, leadership, entrepreneurship, and influencing skills.
- Facilitate interactions and collaboration within the cohort, providing participants with a valuable and ongoing resource network.
Program participants will gain the ability to:
- Manage and lead change at an enterprise level
- Strategically influence and negotiate
- Skillfully strategize and innovate value with internal and external stakeholder
Program meeting dates: August 2024 in Philadelphia, PA
Program fee: $6,995
The AACN-Wharton Executive Leadership Program is a competitive application resulting in a select group of leadership fellows to fill a limited number of seats. Applicants must be nurse educators employed at AACN member institutions.
Selected participants will be expected to attend the entire onsite meeting and complete all prework.
How to Apply
Applications will open in Fall 2023 for Summer 2024. In preparation for your application, please review the copy of the application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Each year since 2012, a cohort of Wharton-AACN Fellows have developed the necessary tools to further their leadership roles in the academic nursing world. View fellows below.
For more information, contact AACN's Associate Director of Online Learning and Engagement Alexa Tehansky at 202-463-6930 ext. 265.