Charting a Future for Nursing Through Innovation: A Graduate Nursing Student Conference
Explore your career horizons and the future of nursing innovation at this stimulating enrichment experience offered exclusively for graduate nursing students in Washington, DC. The 2022 GNSA conference is tailored to meet the professional development needs of nursing students in master’s and doctoral programs (MSN, DNP, and PhD). Registration is open to members of the GNSA, which provides a variety of programs and services to all graduate nursing students at AACN member institutions (click here to join today for free). Join us as we explore innovation in nursing education, research, and practice.
Conference sessions will focus on professional development, advanced nursing roles, leadership development, political advocacy, mentoring, nursing innovation, and personal brand development. As you prepare to transition into a professional nursing role, conference sessions will provide you with the tools to help excel in your graduate program and propel your nursing career to new heights. As the future of the nursing profession, this conference provides a unique forum to connect graduate nursing students with noted nursing experts and peers nationwide.
Who Can Attend:
Current master's, DNP, PhD, or dual-degree students
How to Attend:
Join us this August in Washington, DC. The conference sessions will be held at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Learning Center at 655 K Street NW. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Courtyard Washington Downtown located at 901 L Street NW, which is just a five-minute walk to the learning center.
The safety of attendees and staff is our top priority. AACN will follow all relevant protocols and CDC guidelines and work closely with the AAMC and the Courtyard Washington Hotel to promote the recommended practices at the time of the event. All in-person participants (including but not limited to presenters, attendees, exhibitors, guests, staff, and vendors) are expected to adhere to and abide by the safety precautions AACN is implementing to protect against the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Verification of full COVID vaccination for in-person participation.
- AACN has partnered with Health Pass by CLEAR and Event Farm to provide secure and easy proof of COVID vaccination for safe entry into the conference. Trust and transparency are top priorities for AACN and our partners, and with Health Pass, users are always in control of their health information.
- Detailed instructions will be shared with all in-person attendees 10 days prior to the event, when AACN will launch the verification portal for this event.
- Enhanced sanitization of meeting and exhibit spaces.
- Social distancing.
You should not attend these events in-person if you:
- are not fully vaccinated (two weeks after the last required shot per CDC guidance)
- are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior to the event start date have experienced signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- believe that you may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by the healthcare team responsible for your treatment
AACN is committed to keeping conference attendees safe, while creating exceptional experiences. We look forward to an energizing 2022 GNSA Conference and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
AACN reserves the right to modify this policy at any time based on updated recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and federal, state, and local health authorities. For questions, contact AACN's Director of Conferences, Nadja Beverage at firstname.lastname@example.org.