AACN is the only U.S. organization representing exclusively baccalaureate-and-higher nursing education. Apply for membership today and join more than 850 member schools nationwide committed to advancing the nursing profession.
AACN membership is held by institutions. All faculty, staff, and students are a part of AACN institutional membership. Learn more about the benefits.
To access your MyAACN account affiliated with your institution, create an account or log in using your institutional email address.
Institutional membership is open to any institution that has a baccalaureate or higher degree program in nursing that meets either of the following criteria:
- One or more of the nursing programs at the institution is accredited or pursuing accreditation (e.g., by holding new applicant or candidacy status for any baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing) by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or other U.S. Department of Education-recognized nursing accrediting agency.
- The institution is approved to offer a nursing program(s) by the appropriate state agency or agencies that have legal authority for educational programs in nursing; and
- The institution is accredited by an institutional (regional or national) accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; and
- The institution will pursue nursing program accreditation for one or more of its
nursing programs within three (3) years. Exception would be made if an institution’s only nursing degree program is a research doctorate.
Provisional Institutional Membership
Provisional institutional membership may be held for a total of three (3) years and is open to any institution that is in the process of developing a baccalaureate or higher degree program in nursing that meets the following criteria:
i. Authorization to grant the credential to which the program leads; and
ii. The institution is accredited by an institutional (regional or national) accrediting
agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
As a first-year member, you will pay half-price dues ($2,770). Full-price institutional dues for July 2022-June 2023 are $5,539.
Apply for Membership
Please complete either the online application or PDF application. Once we receive your application, we will send it to the Membership Committee for approval. When your application has been approved, we will contact you and send an invoice for first-year dues. Your school will become a member as soon as we receive your payment.
Still not sure?
Are you interested in learning more about AACN before joining?
As a special introductory offer, we invite you to attend the Academic Nursing Leadership Conference or the AACN Deans Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. free of charge.
These deans-only meetings are the perfect opportunity to see what AACN is all about. At the meeting, you will:
- Network with fellow nursing deans from across the country
- Participate in discussion groups with schools similar to yours
- Visit your state’s senators and representatives at Capitol Hill
- Attend a wide variety of sessions and earn Continuing Education (CE) credits
- Learn about the many services and benefits we offer our members
- Meet with the Membership Committee
- And more!
Note: This offer is available only to non-member schools who have never sent a representative to a free meeting before. To check your eligibility and register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 463-6930 ext. 279.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Beth Aronson, Director of Membership and Business Development, email@example.com, (202) 463-6930 ext. 263.