Published October 04, 2018
AACN recently received notification that Dr. Judy Beal, nursing dean from Simmons University, will be retiring next Spring. As a result, AACN will have a vacancy in the Board Chair-Elect position. The term to fill this vacancy will be one year (March 2019-March 2020) followed by a 2-year term as Board Chair (March 2020-March 2022).
The following nominations are being accepted by the Nominating Committee:
- Board Chair-Elect (to fill unexpired term of current Board Chair-Elect from March 2019 through March 2020)
- Board Member-at-Large (4 vacancies)
- Nominating Committee (2 vacancies)
The slate for the 2019 Election will be announced at the Business Meeting of the Academic Nursing Leadership Conference on October 29.
The following criteria are used when making selections for the slate:
- Need for representation of institutional types/sizes and geographical regions
- Need for representation of membership diversity
- Consideration of the candidate's previous service to the association and/or other service
- Conflict of interest
- Need for two candidates for each position vacancy
Candidates must be the Chief Academic Nurse Administrator (Dean) of an AACN member institution.
Additional information about the time requirements for each position can be found online on our Leadership and Volunteer Opportunity resource page.
The complete nomination packet consists of the signed Nomination Form (self-nominations accepted), Consent to Serve Statement, Biographical Data Form, Personal Statement, and Curriculum Vitae.
Download the Nomination Packet [Word Doc]
Nomination Packet Due Date: Friday, October 19, 2018
The packet should be submitted as one document in Word format and sent via e-mail to Jennifer Ahearn at email@example.com.
Please note that campaign activities are limited to the presentation of qualifications as provided to AACN through the biographical data form and personal statement. Any additional campaigning by candidates or their supporters is strongly discouraged.