Published December 22, 2020
The CNC Board of Commissioners has approved a new Faculty Eligibility Requirement which will replace the Faculty Waiver for the CNL exam beginning January 1, 2021. The Faculty Waiver will end on December 31, 2020, faculty interested in sitting for the CNL Certification Exam must meet the following eligibility requirements beginning January 1, 2021:
- Current RN license.
- Graduate degree in nursing or related health care discipline.
- Teach in an existing CNL education program.
a. If not teaching in an existing CNL education program, faculty may submit an
appeal request letter to CNC’s Appeal Committee via email at
- Current teaching experience must include:
a. Clinical experience mentoring CNL immersion projects or;
b. Didactic experience focused on the CNL skill set and aligned with CNL
- Describe any relevant work experience as it relates to the CNL competencies.
- Letter from the Dean of the School of Nursing or designee explaining qualifications, current teaching.
Exam Registration Deadline
March 15, 2021 is the registration deadline for the Spring 2021 CNL exam testing period (April 19 - May 14, 2021). The Faculty Waiver for the CNL exam will expire on December 31, 2020. Don't delay! Register, pay for the exam and submit your documentation form today!
Contact CNC staff at CNL@aacnnursing.org