AACN invites deans, directors, chairs, faculty and academic administrators to submit an abstract for an upcoming conference. AACN requests submissions showcasing programs, courses, initiatives and/or evaluation strategies that characterize the conference theme and address the many changes and challenges faced in undergraduate and graduate nursing education. Call for Abstracts are issued for the following conferences:
- Completed work or projects may be submitted for a poster or a podium presentation. Projects in progress may be submitted as poster presentations only.
- Abstracts may highlight original research, quality improvement projects, evidence-based practice, or programmatic innovations.
- Abstracts may have been presented elsewhere or published within the past 12 months but shall be updated to relate specifically to this conference.
- Presenters are asked to identify any potential conflict of interest related to the content to be offered (e.g., commercial interest, affiliation with a vendor, and/or receipt of royalties) and affirm that their abstract presentations will not be used to sell a particular product or service. AACN exerts the right to rescind the acceptance of an abstract due to any conflict of interest discovered after the fact.
- Sub-committee members are not eligible to submit to this conference.
- The primary author will be the point of contact for all communication with AACN.
- Primary authors on all accepted abstracts must register for the conference and present the abstract. Co-authors cannot present in place of the primary author. Any co-authors wishing to present with their primary author are required to register for the conference as well.
- Presenters are responsible for their own expenses, including the conference registration fee, travel, accommodations, and other expenses.
Current Calls for Abstracts
The Future of Nursing Education: Innovation, Inclusion, & Influence
Abstracts Open: July 12, 2021
Abstracts Due: August 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm (ET)
Strategize & Mobilize: Implementing DEI in Academinc Nursing
Abstracts due: August 31, 2021 by 5:00 pm (ET)
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically through AACN’s submission website by creating an account to upload an abstract.
- Only a complete submission is eligible for review; ensure that a completed abstract is evident in your submission.
- A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email provided for the primary author once the abstract has been fully submitted.
- Primary Authors are allowed a maximum of two (2) abstract submissions per conference.
- Abstract submissions that are incomplete after the submission deadline will not be eligible for presentation nor will they be considered for review.
- Primary Authors are asked to indicate their preferred type of presentation format (Podium Presentation, Poster Presentation, Either).
- Podium Presentation
Podium presentations are allotted a 25-minute time slot: 20 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions and answers. Presenters are provided with a laptop computer and LCD projector.
- Poster Presentation
Poster presentations are presented on double-sided poster boards holding two (2) posters per side. All posters should be oriented in portrait format and must not be any larger than 48” H x 48” W.
- Submissions must include the abstract title, not exceed a 250-word description, include one (1) learner outcome (e.g., “Identify strategies for…”) and list the primary author contact information.
- The primary author presenting should be first in the list of authors. The primary author will be the point of contact for all communication with AACN.
- Abstracts should include background, methods, and other pertinent headings. Submissions should reflect conference title or abstract themes. Include summary recommendations for others who may be considering a similar approach.
- Abstracts may highlight original research, quality improvement projects, evidence-based practice, or programmatic innovations. Formatting of the abstract should be consistent with the type of project being presented.
- For instructions on how to submit an abstract review the Submission Guidelines Document here
- Each abstract is peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers.
- Reviews are blind; hence, reviewers do not see names of submitters or school affiliations.
- To increase the probability of an abstract being selected, please read the scoring rubric the reviewers follow.
- Email notification of abstract acceptance will be sent to the primary presenting author only by mid-August 2019. Only the primary presenting author is required to either accept (or deny) the presentation invitation form.
- The author’s failure to return the “intent to present” information will disqualify the abstract from presentation.
- Once the primary author has accepted, author(s) are required to submit an abstract summary to include the abstract description (250-word limit), contact and biographical information of author(s), image/diagram of the abstract. Podium presenters are required to also submit their PowerPoint Presentation. These documents will be distributed to all conference participants. (Detailed instructions will be provided).
Excellence in Scholarship Award
AACN recognizes Excellence in Scholarship for accepted poster presentations. Members of the conference planning committee serve as judges to select the first place as well as an honorable mention and to award the winners with a certificate of achievement and a copy of a best-selling leadership book. Detailed information on how to enter the competition will be provided in the acceptance notification.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.