AACN created this awards program to recognize and showcase outstanding dissertations and final DNP projects completed by students in research- and practice-focused doctoral programs. Many doctoral students are advancing ground-breaking research and practice innovations that are worthy of national recognition and could serve as exemplars for other students to emulate.
- Excellence in Advancing Nursing Science Award for an outstanding dissertation from a student in a PhD in nursing or DNS program. A dissertation is an original research project that focuses on advancing nursing science and developing new evidence with the potential to guide nursing practice. View nomination form.
- Excellence in Advancing Nursing Practice Award for an outstanding final project from a student in a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. A DNP project demonstrates high-level mastery of an area of advanced nursing practice and focuses on the translation of evidence into practice. View nomination form.
Selection of Award Winners
A selection committee will review all complete nominations received and select award finalists. This committee reserves the right to decide not to recommend an award in any given year. Award finalists must be approved by the AACN Board of Directors.
See Past Award Winners.
Award Presentation and Promotion
- The doctoral student/graduate receiving an award must attend AACN’s Doctoral Education Conference. The conference registration fee for the winners will be waived.
- The award will be presented by the AACN President at the start of conference.
- Award winners will present their abstracts on the second day of AACN’s 2018 Doctoral Education Conference.
- The award includes a “symbol” of appreciation and a $1,000 check. Winners will be announced via AACN publications and on its Website.
Please direct any questions related to this awards program to firstname.lastname@example.org.