Passion, Purpose, & Partnerships: Inspiring Excellence in Doctoral Nursing Education
The Doctoral Education Conference explores national trends in doctoral nursing education, strategies to increase enrollment, and ways to increase or maintain rigor in terminal degree programs. With content addressing both the practice and the research doctorate, and the willingness to debate the provocative issues that surround doctoral education, this conference provides ample opportunity for the development of teaching, research, and administrative roles.
Key Conference Benefits:
- Explore innovative strategies and opportunities in doctoral nursing education impacting higher education and healthcare delivery.
- Connect with noted thought leaders and shape the future of doctoral nursing education.
- Meet face-to-face with peers and explore how your colleagues from across the nation are developing and inspiring future generations of doctorate nursing professionals.
- Immerse into a rich and diverse learning environment including plenary and breakout sessions, focused discussions, and informal breakfast forums.
- Participate in abstract presentations, which are selected following a competitive peer-review process.
Who Should Attend:
Deans, directors, and faculty who teach in doctoral programs, as well as those with a primary responsibility for advancing a research agenda.
How to Attend:
The Doctoral Education Conference is offered as a hybrid event, with both in-person (in Coronado, CA) and virtual opportunities.
As part of the registration fee, attendees will have access to AACN’s Digital Conference Library, where select session recordings from the in-person event will be available on-demand for viewing (to include plenaries and breakout sessions). Additional CEs may be earned.
Hotel Del Coronado
1500 Orange Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118
“I had so many take aways and action items that I expect to discuss for implementation with our college leaders.”
“The conference touched on relevant and timely topics helpful in my school’s development of the doctoral program.”
“The variety of podium abstracts was fantastic and a great opportunity to learn directly from peers. I discovered innovative visual thinking and loved how it opened my mind to creative solutions."
Currently all meeting attendees, speakers, partners, and AACN staff are to be fully vaccinated in order to gain access to the Doctoral Education Conference and its pre-conference event spaces. Please check back frequently for news and additional guidance as we refine our planning.
The State of California has no mask mandate; therefore, wearing masks is currently optional.
Duty of Care
By attending the Doctoral Education Conference and its pre-conferences, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to health and safety of all attendees and constituents. This includes, but is not limited to, providing verification of vaccination, practicing appropriate physical distancing, and not attending any events if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.