About the Award
This award recognizes the outstanding work of AACN member schools to re-envision traditional models for nursing education and lead programmatic change. Innovation awards, including a monetary prize of $1,000, will be given annually in four institutional categories:
- Small/Liberal Arts Colleges
- Private Colleges/Universities
- Public Colleges/Universities
- Academic Health Centers (AHC)
2021 Nominations due June 3, 2021
Submit a Nomination
See Past Award Winner's Innovations >>
Schools submitting nominations must show that the programmatic innovation:
- Shows evidence of execution and subsequent sustainability for at least 12 months after a full execution cycle
- Serves as a catalyst for change within the curriculum and/or educational mission of the institution
- Has the potential for replication and dissemination
- Has involved teams of faculty when possible (e.g., across programs, disciplines)Is consistent with AACN’s mission and vision
- Demonstrates advancement of professional nursing education
Nominations will be reviewed by the AACN Membership Committee with recommendations forwarded to the full Board of Directors for endorsement. Programs receiving an award will be invited to send representatives to accept the honor at the Academic Nursing Leadership Conference in October 2020.
All nominations should be electronically submitted via the online application.
The 2021 call for nominations deadline is June 3, 2021.
For more information, contact AACN Membership Director Beth Aronson at 202-463-6930, ext. 263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.