About the Award
This award recognizes the outstanding work of AACN member schools to re-envision traditional models for nursing education and lead programmatic change. Innovation awards, including a monetary prize of $1,000, will be given annually in four institutional categories:
- Small/Liberal Arts Colleges
- Academic Health Centers (AHC)
- Private Colleges/Universities
- Public Colleges/Universities
See Past Award Winners >>
Call for nominations for 2019 are due June 3, 2019.
Schools submitting nominations must show that the programmatic innovation:
- Shows evidence of execution and subsequent sustainability for at least 12 months after a full execution cycle
- Serves as a catalyst for change within the curriculum and/or educational mission of the institution
- Has the potential for replication and dissemination
- Has involved teams of faculty when possible (e.g., across programs, disciplines)Is consistent with AACN’s mission and vision
- Demonstrates advancement of professional nursing education
Nominations will be reviewed by the AACN Membership Committee with recommendations forwarded to the full
Board of Directors for endorsement. Programs receiving an award will be invited to send representatives to
accept the honor at the Academic Nursing Leadership Conference in October 2019.
All nominations should be electronically submitted via the online application.
The 2019 call for nominations deadline is June 3, 2019.
For more information, contact AACN Membership Director Beth Aronson at 202-463-6930, ext. 263 or email@example.com.
2018 Award Winners