Frequency of Awards
The call for award applications will be announced during each Fall semester, with the nomination application packets due during the following Spring semester.
- Faculty at AACN member school
- Experienced faculty; defined as teaching full- or part-time for 5 years or more in the faculty role
- Faculty with a doctoral degree in nursing or related discipline
- Faculty teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
- Demonstrates a program of research focused on the science of teaching and learning
- Disseminates scholarship of teaching and learning through national and/or international presentations and peer-reviewed publications
- Provides leadership in the application of evidence-based teaching/learning practices to impact student learning outcomes
The eligible faculty member may be nominated by their Dean/Program Director, a peer faculty member, or a student. The nomination application packet consists of the components:
- Letter from Dean/Program Director – may be nominating letter or letter of support.
- Letter from a peer faculty member or a student – may be nominating letter or letter of support.
- Additional letters of support – not to exceed two additional letters of support from either students or peer faculty.
- Nominee curriculum vitae
- Nominee personal statement – describe your program of research and how it meets the Award Criteria
- There must be at least one letter of nomination and one letter of support.
- It is recommended that letters address the stated award criteria and provide evidence or examples of meeting the criteria.
- All letters and statements must be no longer than two pages in length.
- All letters must be written within the last six months.
- All components of the application packet will be utilized to judge the degree to which each nominee meets the award criteria.
- All components of the nomination application must be submitted as a single packet; either as a single document or multiple documents submitted attached to a single electronic mail message. PDF is the preferred format.
Call for applications for this award is now closed.
Presentation of awards
The Award recipient will:
- Choose one from the following conferences to attend and receive your award during the following academic year: Doctoral Education Conference or Transform Conference . The registration fee for your chosen conference will be waived. If the award recipient is a team, only one member of the team will receive a waived registration conference fee.
- Receive an engraved award.
- Be spotlighted on AACN’s website and in the association’s electronic publications.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.