The AACN Student Policy Summit (SPS) is a two-day conference held in Washington, DC and is open to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students enrolled at an AACN member institution. Students who attend the Summit are immersed in didactic program sessions focused on the federal policy process and nursing’s role in professional advocacy. See registration information for additional details. Prior to the SPS, confirmed registered students will also receive additional details about conference logistics, Capitol Hill visits, and expectations.
Important Update Regarding In-Person Attendance at AACN Conferences:
We recognize that the responsibility for a safe and healthy event environment is a shared responsibility among the event organizer, venues, and every participant. AACN’s Student Policy Summit 2022 in-person participants (including but not limited to presenters, attendees, exhibitors, guests, staff, vendors) are expected to adhere to and abide by the safety precautions AACN is implementing to protect against the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Verification of full COVID vaccination for in-person participation.
- AACN has partnered with Health Pass by CLEAR and Event Farm to provide secure and easy proof of COVID vaccination for safe entry into the conference. Trust and transparency are top priorities for AACN and our partners, and with Health Pass, users are always in control of their health information.
- Detailed instructions will be shared with all in-person attendees 10 days prior to the event, when AACN will launch the verification portal for this event.
- Enhanced sanitization of meeting and exhibit spaces.
- Masking and social distancing.
You should not attend these events in-person if you:
- are not fully vaccinated (two weeks after the last required shot per CDC guidance)
- are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior to the event start date have experienced signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- believe that you may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by the health care team responsible for your treatment.
AACN is committed to keeping our conference attendees safe, while creating exceptional experiences. We look forward to another energizing Student Policy Summit and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
AACN reserves the right to modify this policy at any time based on updated recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and federal, state, and local health authorities. For questions, contact AACN's Director of Conferences, Nadja Beverage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page will be updated periodically closer to the date of SPS.