This scholarship recognizes the outstanding work of graduate nursing students who are advancing the nursing profession through a commitment to innovation, leadership, and/or mentoring.
Application Deadline: September 30 and December 30
Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded each semester for a total of four scholarships per academic year.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
All scholarship applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a graduate nursing program at an AACN member school of nursing.
- Must be a GNSA member (If you are interested in joining the GNSA, please use this link to complete an application, membership is free).
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicants must write an essay (500-word maximum) expressing how they have contributed to the nursing profession through innovation, leadership, and/or peer mentoring.
- Applicants must provide one academic or professional reference.
- If selected for the scholarship, AACN will verify the student’s good standing in their program with the dean of the nursing school.
- Winners will be asked to make a post summarizing their essay in the GNSA Collaboration Community.
Winners will be announced within one month of each deadline and contacted to redeem the award. Funding is non-recurring and for one semester only.