A nursing student’s life can be tough to navigate. Between classes, practicum, studying, and papers, students are expected to juggle competing responsibilities. Add into that mix the need to be healthy, safe, and well, and students are up against a real challenge. In fact, ANA’s Healthy Nurse Healthy Nation research shows that less than one third of nursing students do not engage in any vigorous aerobic exercise, 36% get less than 7 hours of sleep each night, and only 6% eat the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables.
That’s where Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation™ (HNHN) comes in! HNHN is a social movement designed to transform the health of the nation by improving the health of the nation's nurses and nursing students.
ANA Enterprise has partnered with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) to bring you the HNHN Student Ambassador program.
As a Student Ambassador, you will serve as a leader and advocate for health and wellbeing among your fellow nursing students. Using the tools offered through the Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation (HNHN) initiative, Student Ambassadors will:
- Educate key leaders at the university on the HNHN and opportunities for partnerships.
- Recruit fellow students, faculty, and other nurses to engage with the HNHN platform.
- Engage fellow students and faculty in wellness activities either in person or virtually.
The program will officially kick off on March 11 @ 4:00 PM ET. During this zoom call you will meet the program staff, learn about the program expectations, and hear about opportunities for student and faculty engagement.
Each Student Ambassador will engage in a final presentation discussing their activities to the community on one of the following dates to share successes, challenges, and opportunities to further health and wellness:
- June 23 @ 4:00 PM ET
- June 24 @ 4:00 PM ET
Being a HNHN Student Ambassador will allow for:
- Leadership development opportunities
- Continuing education webinars
- Recruitment contests
- Events focused on further developing the health and wellness at your academic institution.