Published July 30, 2019
Six new members were chosen for the 2019-2021 GNSA Leadership Council. The new members will join 4 returning members who will continue to serve another term. This group of leaders from across the country play a critical role in GNSA program development. Selected through a competitive application process, members work hard to ensure that the needs of graduate nursing students are met. Through conference calls, engagement opportunities with GNSA members through the Bulletin and the GNSA Connect Community, and an annual face-to-face strategic planning meeting, these leaders ensure that their approach and thoughtful programming helps develop future nursing faculty, clinical leaders, scientists, health policy leaders, and administrators.
The six new members include:
- Brittany Abeln, BS to PhD Program, University of Arizona
- Maria Burfiend, BS to DNP Program, Rush University
- Sherry Chen, DNP Program, Johns Hopkins University
- Elizabeth Lynn, MSN Program, Frontier Nursing University
- Maria McDonald, PhD Program, University of Virginia
- Shazia Mitha, PhD Program, Columbia University
The six new members will be joined by the four continuing members that include:
- Tamu Abreu, PhD Program, Texas Woman's University
- Cassandra Dziobek, PhD Program, University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- Sarah Locke, DNP Program, Murray State University
- Brandon Varilek, BS to PhD Program, South Dakota State University
The Leadership Council will engage with you throughout the course of their terms of service. Stay tuned for their introductions via the GNSA Bulletin and chat with them on GNSA Connect.