Internship Applications Now Being Accepted for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
Gain Government Affairs and Policy Experience. Intern with AACN Today!
The AACN Government Affairs and Policy Internship, based in Washington, DC, is offered to students in nursing, political science, public policy, or other related disciplines, with an interest in nursing, health and/or education policy. AACN's internship provides the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the federal legislative and policy process.
- Student must be at an AACN Member School Check if your school is an AACN member
- Located in Washington, DC.
- Minimum of six-weeks, and at least 20 hours per week.
- Unpaid, but credit may be offered. Please note that only non-clinical hours may be offered.
Applications considered on a continual basis.
Two interns are selected for each session.
- Summer Session One (Mid-May to June)
- Summer Session Two (July-August)
- Fall Session (September-November)
- Spring Session (January-May)
- Learn about issues that impact academic nursing on the federal level;
- Attend legislative and policy hearings, briefings, and other events on Capitol Hill and within the Administration;
- Draft letters and newsletter articles;
- Assist with the preparation of the Fall and Spring Annual Conferences.
Send application materials to:
(202) 463 - 6930 ext. 281