Gain Government Affairs and Policy Experience. Intern with AACN Today!
The AACN Government Affairs and Policy Internship, based in Washington, DC, is offered to students in nursing, political science, public policy, or other related disciplines, with an interest in nursing, health and/or education policy. AACN's internship provides the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the federal legislative and policy process.
AACN Internship Overview
- Student at an AACN member institution. Click here to check if your school is an AACN member.
- Located in Washington, DC.
- Minimum of six-weeks, and at least 20 hours per week.
- Unpaid, but credit may be offered. Please note that only non-clinical hours may be offered.
AACN Internship Sessions
Applications considered on a continual basis.
One intern is selected for each session.
- Summer Session One (Mid-May to June)
- Summer Session Two (July-August)
- Fall Session (September-November)
- Spring Session (January-May)
AACN Internship Activities
- Learn about issues that impact academic nursing on the federal level;
- Attend legislative and policy hearings, briefings, and other events on Capitol Hill and within the Administration;
- Draft letters and newsletter articles;
- Assist with the preparation of the Fall and Spring Annual Conferences.
- Student of AACN Member Institute. Click here to check if your school is an AACN member.
- One-Page Writing Sample
- Contact Information for One Reference
For more information:
Government Affairs and Policy Assistant
(202) 463-6930 ext. 287