Published September 22, 2021
AACN Attends Research!America 2021 National Health Research Forum
On September 13- 15, AACN attended Research!America’s 2021 National Health Research Virtual Forum. First Lady Jill Biden gave opening remarks as the forum brought together a diverse group of health and research experts, including Dr. Francis Collins and Dr. Anthony Fauci from the National Institutes of Health. These experts discussed how the response to the COVID-19 pandemic may be translated to advancing solutions in other health challenges. Panel discussions explored a variety of topics from chronic disease and assessing global health threats, to health equity and reimagining medical progress.
Policy Update: AACN Submits Comments to CMS on FY 2022 Physician Fee Schedule
On September 10, AACN submitted formal comments to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in response to the recently release Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Physician Fee Schedule. Through this comment AACN offered the below recommendations for CMS’ consideration:
- Improve the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) platform and to accommodate National Provider Identifier (NPI) numbers for all clinicians and students enrolled in healthcare education/training programs;
- Utilize NPI numbers as a replacement for incident-to billing;
- Continue implementation of FY 2018 Updates to the Quality Payment Program on preceptor funding;
- Expand the definition of “Teaching Physician Services” to all other health professions that would be impacted by CMS’ interpretation of this rule;
- Acknowledge and utilize institutes of higher education, including schools of nursing, as a resource in vaccine distribution strategies; and
- Further nursing leadership in health care and health policy.
For more information and to view AACN’s comments to CMS Administrator Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, please click here.
Register Today for AACN’s Virtual Hill Day on Monday, October 25, 2021
Register today for AACN’s Virtual Hill Day, which will take place on Monday, October 25, 2021. Join fellow AACN deans and associate deans from Noon – 5:00 pm (ET) for our Virtual Hill Day, held prior to the annual Academic Nursing Leadership Conference. When registering for the conference, be sure to select your participation for this Virtual Hill Day. Deadline to register to attend this event is Friday, October 15 at Noon (ET). Don’t wait, sign up today! Click here for more details.