Published October 27, 2021
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) is pleased to announce the new and returning members of the Health Policy Advisory Council (HPAC) for the 2021-2023 term. AACN convened the council to enhance the impact academic nursing has on policy issues related to health and health care.
Created in 2015 by the AACN Board of Directors, the Health Policy Advisory Council was created to provide contextual guidance to the association on issues that require insight from nurse faculty. The ten members of the Council were selected for their diverse expertise in a variety of healthcare areas that range from mental health, workforce trends, health literacy, and models of care. HPAC provides guidance to the association with the goal of advancing nursing's impact in national health policy discussions.
Members of the Health Policy Advisory Council include:
- Cindy Cooke, Chair, University of Mary
- David Auerbach, Montana State University*
- Susan Birch, University of Washington
- Garrett Chan, University of California San Francisco
- Mollie Cummins, University of Utah
- Josh Hamilton, Rasmussen University*
- Lisa Kane Low, University of Michigan
- Mikki Meadows-Oliver, New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Betty Rambur, University of Rhode Island
- Cheryl Taylor, Southern University
* - Denotes new member
For more information on HPAC, see AACN's Policy and Advocacy web page.