Published September 14, 2022
AACN Sends Comments to CMS on FY 2023 Physician Fee Schedule
On September 6, AACN sent formal comments to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in response to the recently released Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Physician Fee Schedule. AACN offered the below recommendations for CMS’ consideration:
- Address the social needs of beneficiaries under Medicare Part B within the community health worker workforce and ambulatory services;
- Continue to remove barriers to allow full practice authority;
- Finalize proposal to allow Nursing Facilities services to be furnished and billed by the appropriate practitioner;
- Improve population health through Accountable Care Organizations with a focus on building the shared saving program and trusted exchange framework and common agreements;
- Address potential barriers to Certified Electronic Health Record Technology adoption and implementation;
- Continue to improve the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System platform for all clinicians and accommodate nursing’s unique identifiers with prescriber addresses within the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System;
- Utilize National Provider Identifier numbers for all APRNs to eliminate the fraud of incident-to billing; and
- Advance nursing leadership in health care and health policy.
For more information and to view AACN’s comments to CMS, click here.
Act Today: Urge Congress to Invest in Academic Nursing
As Congress returns from the August Recess, and with limited legislative days left in the Congressional calendar, it is vital that they hear from you. As AACN Advocates, we encourage you to join us by sending messages to your Representative and Senators urging them to prioritize support for academic nursing by investing in our schools, faculty, and students. Click here to send your message today!
Nursing Voices Nursing Votes: Countdown to the 2022 Midterm Elections
With fewer than 55 days to the 2022 Midterm Elections, AACN’s nonpartisan initiative, Nursing Voices Nursing Votes, is here to help you prepare your voting plan. Nursing Voices Nursing Votes provides a countdown to the election, state voter resources, registration deadlines, absentee ballot information, and more. This initiative is working to secure over 300 pledges for this election season to showcase the power of the nursing voice! Follow @AACNPolicy for additional updates and sign up using AACN’s online form to highlight your engagement during this election cycle. Your voice and vote matters!